NEET 2021 Counselling :After the results are announced the candidates who have cleared the exam will get a call letter for counselling. In the process of counselling, the candidate has the right to select the best colleges based on his/her rank in all India rankings. The counselling process for NEET 2021 is discussed in detail below:
NEET 2021 Counselling Authorities
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
NEET 2021 Counselling Procedure
NEET All India Quota (AIQ) Counselling will be conducted by MCC (Medical Counseling Committee), while the State Counselling will be conducted by the respective state exam authority.
- You will have to register for participating in NEET 2021 Counselling. You can register by visiting the official website of Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), i.e., www.mcc.nic.in
- After the results of NEET 2021 have been declared, the cut off will be released for qualified candidates to participate in the NEET 2021 counselling.
- Choice Filling for NEET Counselling: Candidates will be admitted based on their respective rank. Candidates will be allowed to choose a college during the counselling process. However, seat allotment will be based on availability.
- The eligible candidates will have to go through two rounds of counselling.
- All India Quota Counselling is conducted by MCC (Medical Counseling Committee) while State Counselling will be conducted by the respective state exam authority.
- All aspirants must carry the required documents for the counselling process like 10th and 12th marks card, photo, valid ID, etc.
- Candidates need to be present at the mentioned location on the specified date for the offline process of counselling.
- NEET 2021 counselling will be conducted in two rounds for 15% All India Quota seats. While for the Central & Deemed Universities and ESIC colleges, the counselling will be conducted in three rounds. The counselling result will be released in the form of the seat allotment list, and a seat allotment letter.
NEET 2021 Counselling Registration
Candidates can check the procedure of NEET 2021 counselling –
Step 1: Registration for Counselling
MCI conducts the counselling to fill 15% All India Quota Seats in two rounds followed by a mop-up round. The steps involved in NEET Counselling Registration are as follows:
Step I: Visit the official website of MCC and click on ‘New Registration’.
Enter Roll Number, Application Number, Candidate name, Mother name, Date of Birth, Mobile number, Email ID and Security Pin as per your admit card. After entering all the required information, a new Roll No. and Password will be generated. Use these credentials to register for NEET Counselling.
Step II: Log on to the MCC website and click on ‘Candidate login’.
Step III: Enter your Roll Number and Password.
Step IV: You will be redirected to a new page where you will have to enter details like Name, Roll No., Registration No., Mother’s Name, Contact No., etc. When you’re done, click on ‘Submit’.
Step V: After this, you will be shown all your details as per the NTA database. Verify the information and click on ‘Confirm Registration’. A Registration Slip will be generated. Candidates are advised to save this page.
Step 2: NEET 2021 Counselling Fee Payment
After successful registration, candidates are asked to submit refundable and non-refundable NEET 2021 counselling fee. The fee can be paid through an online medium like Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking. Candidates can check the NEET counselling fee 2021 in the table given below-
|Category||NON REFUNDABLE FEES||NON REFUNDABLE FEES||REFUNDABLE FEES||REFUNDABLE FEES|
|15% AIQ/ Central Universities||Deemed Universities||15% AIQ/ Central Universities||Deemed Universities|
|UR||INR 1,000||INR 5,000||INR 10,000||INR 2,00,000|
|SC/ST/OBC/PwD||INR 500||INR 5,000||INR 5,000||INR 2,00,000|
Step 2: Choice Filling
- Selection of courses: You will have to select the course of your preference.
- Selection of college: You are also supposed to provide your selection preferences for college.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
- Rounds: The process of seat allotment is conducted in three rounds.
- Allotment: You will be allocated seats based on your rank in NEET and choices provided during the online registration for the counselling process.
- Exceptions: In addition to centralized counselling, few deemed institutes may organize their own counselling procedure.
- Reporting: After the seat allotment, You will have to report to the college for admissions.
- Step 1: New Registration for Round 2 of Counselling.
- Step 2: Fresh choice filling and locking for Round 2.
- Step 3: Seat allotment result of Roud 2.
- Step 4: Reporting college based on the Round 2 allotment result.
NEET 15% All India Quota Counselling
- The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Government of India holds the Counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats.
- All deemed, central, state universities will participate in online counselling.
- Seats of ESIC and AFMC, BHU & AMU will also be filled in this counselling.
- Candidates will apply for 15% All India Quota seats as per the directions of DGHS and seats left vacant after 2 rounds of Counselling will be adjusted in mop-up ro
- Those candidates who take part in All India Counselling can also participate in State Counselling of their respective states.
NEET 2021 Counselling : Choice Filling
The option entry portal will be accessible after the release of NEET 2021 counselling schedule. The candidates must make a list of colleges accepting the NEET score attained by them, where they would like to apply for admission. The process to do so is detailed below:
Steps for NEET 2021 Counselling Option Entry
- The candidates will be able to access the choice filling option after registering for NEET counselling 2021.
- The list of all colleges accepting NEET 2021 scores will be given on the page.
- The candidates must take down the names of the colleges they would prefer to take admission in.
- In the order of preference, enter the names of colleges in the given form.
- Click on the submit button.
Editing the NEET 2021 Choice Filling Form
The candidates can follow the steps given below to modify their choices in the NEET UG 2021 choice filling form:
- Log into the candidate’s portal on the official website of NEET 2021.
- Locate and click on ‘Modify Selected Options’.
- The previously entered choices will be displayed on the candidate’s screen.
- Incorporate the changes, and click on the Submit button to save them.
Rules for Exit and Forfeiture of Security Money
|S. No.||Round||Free Exit||Exit withforfeiture of fees||Ineligible forfurther counseling||Amount ofregistration fee|
|2||AIQ II/Deemed||If not Joined||If joined||Government– Rs. 10,000(half for SC/ST/OBC)|
Deemed Universities –Rs. 2,00,000
|3||State Quota I||Yes|
|4||State Quota II||If not joined||If joined||Government– Rs. 10,000(half for SC/ST/OBC)Private – Rs. 1,00,000|
|5||State QuotaMopup||If joined|
|6||Deemed Mop-Up||If joined|
Documents Required for NEET Counselling 2021
The following are the documents a candidate should carry for the counselling process
- NEET Result/Rank Letter
- NEET Admit Card
- Class X Certificate and Marksheet
- Class XII Certificate and Marksheet
- 8 passport sized photographs (Same as the one affixed on the application form)
- NEET Seat Allotment letter
- Proof of Identity (Aadhar card/PAN card/Passport/ Driving License)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
Counselling for 85% State Quota Seats
- For State quota and other seats falling under the ambit of States, candidates may apply to their domicile states and a merit list as per State rules and based on All India Rank will be prepared by concerned Counselling Authorities.
- The counselling for Private Medical Colleges is also conducted by the concerned State Counselling Authority.
- Candidates need to register on their concerned state’s counselling websites.
- Counselling will be conducted on the basis of the candidate’s rank in the state merit list.
- Admission to colleges in J&K will be done solely on the basis of state counselling.
To know more about the counselling process of a particular state, click on the respective link given below.