NEET PG/UG Counselling Process Changed in All India Counselling
NEET UG/PG : The seats which were earlier reverted back to the respective States after the completion of Round 2 of AIQ will continue to be filled in the AIQ Mop- Up Round and AIQ Stray Vacancy Round to be conducted by MCC in online mode.
History and what it means for this admission session
1) The Kerala high court case of 2020 was to allow a 3rd AIQ round. This was rejected in the Kerala high court decision as per existing SC judgments THEN.
2) Appeal in SC in 2021 for modifying the current All india counseling process for AIQ seats to include 3rd round and reduce seats getting reverted
3) MCC(DGHS) had filed an affidavit on 3rd Dec mentioning that there would be 4 rounds of AIQ this year (2021-22) current session. An AIQ mop up, similar to Central institute / Deemed mop up would happen from THIS SESSION for both UG and PG (2021-22 academic session)
4) Once a candidate joins a Round 2 seat or a Mop up seat, cannot participate in any other counseling
5) Upgradation is NOT allowed from Round 2 to mop up
6) Stray vacancy would be online (almost like another round but with no fresh registration and no upgradation from mop up).
This would mean a change from the process and very clearly to be implemented from this session 2021-22 and will reduce the number of seat reverts to state.
While there is no mention of reverts to state after aiq stray vacancy, highly likely that there would be no seat reverts (even after stray vacancy as the aiq stray vacancy timelines would almost be towards the end of all state counselings), and seats would lapse in aiq counselings if not joined. Even if reverts are there it would be very minimal and towards the end of all counselings and would end up mostly being less preferred seats that no one has opted for.
Would also mean that last years cut offs etc may be different both at AIQ and State counseling level.
New schedules and AIQ/State process timelines would be defined.
Edit: This may be subject to challenge since already notification for counselling is out, but still being a three judge bench order and the appeal was filed before the notification was out, highly likely that this would be the process.
Counselling Process Changed Counselling Process Changed Counselling Process Changed Counselling Process Changed